Friday, August 22, 2008

Catalogs


Yes, another "c" word. I think there are lots of things beginning with the letter "c" that would be great to talk about. Carolyn, for instance! But today I want to talk about catalogs. We get tons of them. I recently cleaned out a big old wainscoting cupboard that was full of magazines and catalogs. I have the bad habit of keeping catalogs just for the ideas in them. Furniture that LaVern could make! I like flipping through catalogs. It relaxes me because it is mindless. Catalogs are mostly pictures so how much thought do you need, right? Usually I throw the catalog away after looking at it. I never buy a thing. It is like when you were a kid and the Sears or Montgomery Ward Christmas catalog came in the mail. I'm guessing my siblings and I probably fought over them many a time. The "wish" book as it was known. So I guess the catalogs I get today are the adult version of the Christmas ones. Catalogs are always around. Just one of those whimsical activities I enjoy simply because it doesn't take brain power.

No comments: