Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Horses

I love horses. Have since I was a youngster. I think my dad had me sitting on a horse before I could walk. As you can see from the picture, I was a little dare devil when it came to horses. I would try to ride anything. We learned to ride bareback and didn't use a saddle until later. Some of the things I tried a horseback. When I think about it, it is a wonder I am still around to tell the stories! Our first horse was named Spot and he lived to be 21 years old. Then came Prince, Coco, Sammy, SweetPea, Molly and more. They all had a special place in my heart. I think each and every one made a connection that I wouldn't trade for the world. Crazy as it sounds, pets do listen. What animal do you like the best? Why?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOATS.....THEY ARE FUNNY TO WATCH
MY DOG....HE LOVES ME NO MATTER WHAT.
HORSE.RELAXING TO RIDE UNLESS U R CHASING COWS


NK..LOVE READING YOUR BLOG

Anonymous said...

SL: haha :-) Well lets see... Tonight as I was in the backyard, I saw a hummingbird... Hummingbirds are very peaceful to me... I can sit and watch them forever. They make me smile and provide a sense of inner peace.. Oh and of corse Horses... As you know I to have a love for horses... I remember Whisky Socks and even Dollar... :) and I had a collection of horses when I was little :-)