Monday, September 29, 2008

October

My favorite month of the year, October. Falling leaves, pumpkins, brisk cool weather, migrating monarchs, bittersweet and carmel apples. Early this morning a friend and I walked a trail at the park and the leaves crunched underneath our feet. This is the time of year that I love going to the Rocky Mountains to view the golden Aspen and listen to the bugles of the elk. Our plans are to go to my brother's in Greeley, Co the weekend of October 11th. We usually plan a quick trip up into the national park. I generally will find that one perfect leaf to pick up and bring home to stick in my journal. The weather is to be in the mid to lower 70's all week so I think I will call a special friend to join me for a walk in the woods, seeking out the bittersweet and returning home for a carmel apple! What fall plans do you have?

No comments: