Thursday, February 19, 2009

Pen Pal

I have recently became a pen pal with a lady, probably in her late 70's, that lives in Brush, CO. I have not had a pen pal since grade school but I am having a wonderful time writing to this lady. She hand writes me a letter about every other week or so and I hand write one back. We have common interests. I had sent my laundry soap recipe to the Countryside magazine awhile back and she picked up my name from there. I believe she graduated from Oberlin years ago. Anyway, I had forgotten how much fun it is to get a letter in the mail and share thoughts, ideas, etc. with someone who has similar interests. Email is great, don't get me wrong. It's a fast way to keep in touch with family and friends, but receiving a letter through the mail is great also.
I have gleaned a lot of information from my new friend. She has shared with me ideas pertaining to gardening, raising chickens and the fact that you are never too old to go after your dream. Find a pen pal. You might be surprised.

No comments: