Friday, July 31, 2009

Reflective time alone

I have discovered that to remain productive over the long haul I have to balance busy times with downtime. In order to do that I have had to create space in my schedule for personal reflection, time to think about life. This is easily done while riding in the car, LaVern is driving of course. I close my eyes and allow myself some time to daydream, to review my priorities and mull over the events of that day. This time taken refreshes my spirit and allows me to step back and look at the bigger picture. Sometimes of an evening I will brew a cup of tea, curl up in my chair and sit quietly, reflecting. What is important to you? Spend some reflective time alone!

Contemplation is nothing else but a secret, peaceful, and loving infusion of God, which, if admitted, will set the soul on fire with the Spirit of love.....Saint John of the Cross

No comments: