Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Ideals, Living by them

I was thinking about the choices I made yesterday. What were my motives for doing what I did? Would I make the same choices again? I realize that I may not be able to live out my ideals perfectly, but staying true to them nurtures my soul. I believe that creating a simpler life means making moral and spiritual choices that are meaningful to me and true to what I believe. I am at peace with myself. I know there is a higher power who will give me the wisdom and strength to do my best, and the understanding to forgive myself when I fall short of my highest ideals.
I love this quote by Louisa May Alcott; Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.

No comments: