Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring storms

Rain, thunder, lightning, hail, wind and tornadoes. Yes, spring is officially here! Tornadoes were north of us in Creston, about 30 miles. Haven't heard of alot of damage. We had alittle rain and hail. It had been warm, 70 degrees all day so a cold front came down and the storms sure fired up.
I made a quick trip to town to run a few errands. Stopped at the thrift store and found a book (1957) by Tasha Tudor!! I could hardly believe it! What a find! 25 cents!
Now I am at the library on their computer for a quick blog and then home.
I am trying to get things ready for a show the end of April near St. Joe, MO. Flea market and antique show. I will take primitives and my rugs. Of course, all the furniture has been in the barn and needs to be cleaned, repaired and waxed. Some will get a paint/distressed job. As I have been getting it ready I put it in the enclosed trailer. Soon we will have to unload it so that LaVern can start packing it. It is a four day show and my booth space is like 20x40 so I need lots of inventory. I'm thankful I started when I did.
Best get back home and get some more done. Take joy.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

What a weird weather week! I'll need to get the details on your Flea Market - it sounds like a fun date day for my sweetie and I! :)