Saturday, October 8, 2011

Wind

Against the wind
I'm still runnin' against the wind
I'm older now but still runnin' against the wind
Well I'm older now and still runnin'
Against the wind
Against the wind
Against the wind

Ya just gotta love these lyrics from a Bob Seger song. (those of you from the hippie era will know him!) I love the wind. (I'm gonna catch some grief from others about that statement. lol) I know, it is miserable to try to do any work or play with the wind blowing 40 mph. But the wind always reminds me of who is in control and that people are unpredicatable and changeable, just like the wind. Wind is essential to nature. Think of all those little seeds that need to be in a different place. We are in our second day of wind, gusts up to 30 mph. My friends in western Kansas are reporting 60 mph but then they are a windy bunch! (luv you guys). I'm still runnin' against the wind.
The wind blows where it wills; and though you hear its sound, yet you neither know where it comes from nor where it is going. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.~John 3:8

No comments: