Thursday, November 3, 2011

Praying for someone who is struggling

When we get caught up in our own problems one of the best ways I have found to forget them is to focus on the struggles and needs of others. I just received word that a dear friend of ours has colon cancer. He will stand firm in his faith but he is still afraid. Prayer always takes me into the presence of God and reminds me of his ability to transform even the most difficult problem into a blessing. While praying for him my headache became more bearable. Praying for him has released God's grace in ways you cannot imagine. 2Corinthians 1:6 When we are weighed down with troubles, it is for your benefit and salvation! For when God comforts us, it is so that we, in turn, can be an encouragement to you. Encourage someone by praying for them.

No comments: