Thursday, January 19, 2012

Wooly slippers



A surprise package in the mail from a dear friend in Kansas, new slippers...wooly ones! The pattern was in a book and I had them on my "to do" list. I have noticed that the things that I want to make for myself are a long ways down on the list! I was thrilled that my friend made them for me! I have a new appreciation for slippers since we moved to our place and are off grid. When we lived in town with central heat and A/C I never wore slippers. The floors were warm. But here with the wood heat (which I love) WE are warmer but the floors are not. I now wear slippers in the winter! These are all wool so they will be toasty and perfect for curling up with. Slippers are kind of becoming a thing of the past as I don't think they are worn as much as in many years past. Kind of like with a wrist watch, do you still wear one? Most people, if you ask them the time, will take out their cell phone and look at it. I love my new slippers. Thank you, my friend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The slippers are darling. I bet I can just about guess what talented friend sent those to you. I am amazed at her creativity. They are perfect for your life style.

The gypsy traveler said...

Sorry about the ananymous I am still very new at this. Kem

Carolyn said...

I am lovin the slippers. I'm thinkin I need to get around to all the grandchildren and their parents and everyone will get slippers next year for Christmas!!!

Melinda said...

Love them! And no - I don't wear a watch. I don't even carry a cell phone most of the time. When I need the time I just ask one of the kids! :)