Sunday, March 4, 2012

UFO--Rugs

A pumpkin I drew to finish some backing up


Hannah's Rooster: My 5 yr old granddaughter, Hannah, drew this rooster! Kids' drawings are wonderful for patterns to hook. Coloring didn't show up very well in the picture. I am thinking about adding a braided border to this one.



I call this one Rocky Roo. He actually is black/white but again color isn't true on PC. I put a wool cording edge on the mat. This pattern is by a wonderful artist, Robin and her blog is: www.birdinthehandprimitives-robin.blogspot.com From her blog you can get to the places to buy her patterns and finished projects. Her patterns are SO REASONABLE and can be used for punch needle, hooking or whatever. Be sure to check her out!!





Another one of Robin's patterns. I had to change it a little to work for rughooking but love how it turned out. Colors are muted. I enlarged this one quite a bit so I could hook with 8.5 strips.







Yet another of Robin's patterns! Don't you love her creative spirit? Looks like I need to press this again and maybe straighten up the lower edge. Looks crooked in the picture! lol

I have 5 more to put bindings on. Will try to post them maybe tomorrow if I get them completed. I shouldn't let so many get piled up but I really do love hooking! One is a fairly big piece of a primitive eagle and stars to represent the 13 colonies. Not sure on the binding for that one yet. Okay.............back to work. Hope you enjoyed my UFOs.......unfinished projects!!








3 comments:

Robin Leuschen said...

Wow...You have been one busy lady !! And yes, I do believe that kid's drawings make such wonderful pattern designs..I have 8 grandchildren and I've thought of having them draw up various animals and still life items to use, of course giving them credit, and Hannah's Rooster is super !!
May I grab your pics of your rugs and put them up on my blog ??
I'll wait for the ok...
Robin

Carolyn said...

Grab away!! More to come! lol

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Wonderful rugs and the one your granddaughter drew is just perfect!