Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Antiquing


I love to go antiquing. It's like a weeklong vacation. It calms me down. I don't even have to spend any money. For some reason, all that old stuff speaks to me. I know there is a story behind each item or I may be attracted to it because of its uniqueness. I especially love primitives. Those one of a kind items crafted by someone for a specific use. Good conversation is listening to other people's stories about their treasures. One item I have is the Lone Wolf picture. It did not belong to my grandparents. My brother has that one. But I bought a print exactly like it. Every time I look at it I am reminded of special memories. Their big stucco house in Mason City, Iowa, going to the candy store with a nickel in hand, grandpa magically withdrawing a piece of JuicyFruit gum from my ear! What items bring back special memories for you?

No comments: