Friday, January 9, 2009

Reading


When I am done reading a book from the library I usually try to remember to put my initials along side the due date on the inside cover. That way I won't check it out again because I forgot I had already read it. I'm not the only one that does this! When I first saw all the initials I had to ask our librarian what they were for! I should make a list of all the books that I read in a year so that I can remember where I've been. They say you are what you read! I wonder what people would think of me by the books I read! My taste in reading is like music. I love any kind of music and the same way with reading material. Probably a bad habit for me is that if the book hasn't gotten my interest in the first few chapters I am not going to finish it. Some material probably does get better the farther in the book. The book pictured above is a must read. Good short story book. Think I'll swing by the library on the way home and find something to read over the weekend. Library use has declined in the same way letter writing has. This weekend I am going to hand write some letters! You know, "mail". Stay warm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have had the same desire to write letters lately but have not got to it. I'm reading a book called Rivers End. I like mystery the best. The best ever book I read was Skipping Christmas. I actually lol at the sale-barn while reading it. It is much much better then the movie.
NK