Thursday, January 15, 2009

Slippers


I think I look for opportunities to be alone. It's not that I can't relax with my husband but when I am alone I'm not concerned about how he is feeling or what he might need. I can just think about me. When I get home from my afternoon walk I change in to my favorite ratty soft sweatshirt, flannel sweats and wore out slippers. If I had a chaise longue I'd lay out on that but since I don't, I usually curl up in an easy chair and pretend I'm somewhere else. There's something about a soft, comfortable pair of slippers that helps me slip into relaxation. In the summer time it is all about flip flops but winter is definitely a slipper season. I'm thinking my next pair should be fun. Maybe some sheep! I usually swing through the shoe section when in a Walmart just to look at the slippers! Slippers, a good thing.

No comments: