Friday, April 17, 2009

Celebrating the Little Things

The big things in life are important. Births, graduations, weddings, life-changing events all mark the changing seasons of life. We recently have had a "life-changing" event (in a future blog) and it will definitely be a new season in our life to which we will embrace. But this morning I was reminded it's the little things that keep me going on ordinary days. Fresh perked coffee, a smile from a stranger, first spring rain---small miracles that are easily taken for granted yet make up the stuff of everyday life. Celebrate the small things in life. Celebrate what you accomplished today. Celebrate the fact that you are alive, breathing and blessed by God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what's coming ;=)

ja said...

I Just found your blog. Well done for your chose of a simple life.I also find much joy in the simple things.
My mane things in life are my family.... 8 kids (one adopted, one stepson)and my work. If you want to know more about my work please look at my blog www.miraclessudanhomepage.blogspot.com.
JA