Monday, May 11, 2009

Sleeping

Zzzzzzzzz
My sleep schedule is all messed up again. I've been getting up at 4:30 A.M. Maybe it is just a leftover cycle from the full moon which we had last Friday. Usually I can't sleep a few days before the full moon but this month I'm "off schedule". I try to be quiet so that LaVern can sleep in. That guy can sleep 12 hours a night, take daytime naps and still sleep long. He falls to sleep as soon as his head hits the pillow and it takes me a half hour to fall to sleep. And naps? Forget it for me. Not going to happen. I tell LaVern that I need to have a child's bedtime schedule. To bed early..........but then up early! I tell him I have to get up and milk the cows! lol My grandparents use to get up every morning at 4 to go out and milk cows. When we stayed overnight with them we slept on an old canvas army cot down in the dining room. Grandma had a Westminster chiming clock. I remember lying on the cot awake and counting the striking hours. I wanted to stay awake all night so that I wouldn't miss the 4 AM rising to help milk. I guess I never got off that schedule! Sleep is important. A calm spirit in a rested body is a wonderful thing. I think I read somewhere that hours of sleep before midnight are more rejuvenating, so I tell LaVern that an earlier bedtime can pay off in greater energy during the day! I try to aim for 6 hours of restful sleep each night. What can I say? I am a "morning person".

No comments: