Friday, May 8, 2009

Worry

Had a person come in to the office to post a sign about National Prayer Day. He told me to come and pray my worries away. I laughed and replied, "You should know me well enough to know that worry is not in my vocabulary. But I'll come and prayer for all the other worriers". The word worry comes from a word that means "to divide". When you worry, you divide your energy. Do you worry? When we worry about a situation, the problem gets us instead of us getting it. I don't think any good has ever come out of any worrying that I have ever done so why waste the energy. At my age, all the energy I have is important! If my mind starts to wander towards that worry side, I focus my thoughts on the fact that right here and now I am all right. I'm gonna let tomorrow take care of itself and yesterday is done and gone. Don't worry, Be Happy!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very Well Put!!
Besides all one needs to do, in my belief anyway, is READ and UNDERSTAND Matthew 6:5-13... I am with you, "Don't Worry, Be Happy!"