Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Just keepin it simple



I like to think that I am just keepin it simple but most would describe this as a "redneck hot tub"!! Back on the farm and needing a break. Found the clawfoot tub overturned down in the "south 40". Don't know how it got there but appeared to be useful so with the help of our son Ross, a little wagon and the riding lawn mower, we brought it up. The clawfeet were gone so we had to prop it up on cement blocks. Put a cast iron, two burner camp stove underneath and hooked up the propane. In short time I had nice hot water and a great view. It has been a long time since I just laid around, thinking of nothing........pondering the air. Blue sky with rolling white clouds and frogs singing in the pond. It just doesn't get any better than this. It is what I would describe as "simple living".

No comments: