Thursday, July 9, 2009

Late bloomer

A late blooming adult is a person who does not discover their talents and abilities until later than normally expected. In certain cases, the individual may be as old as 83, and retirement may lead to this discovery. How long does a person have to be called a "late bloomer"? Is there a deadline? For me, the drive to be myself, to use what I've got inside, sent me on a path that was more down to earth. That is why now I can sit at home on one of my free days and indulge in new creativities. There are not too many plump, pleasant, middle-aged women who take up Native American flute playing, for instance. Or decide to start running again at the age of 58. I feel like I have only just begun experiencing new things. And why not? Carve out some space for your passions! Spend time learning a new hobby. Tomorrow I am going to experience reiki attunement.

No comments: