Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Friends and allies



This is my dear friend Mary as she was contemplating articles in a book. This wonderful rug hooking store is in Garden City, KS, Cricket Street Wool. This is only one little portion of the store. I didn't come home with 3 bags full of wool on this trip but easily could have!
I believe that friends can be my greatest allies in the quest for a simpler, more meaningful life. Mary is such an encourager. She always has creative ideas for me and will lend a helping hand whenever she is called. It seems like when I am weary and need that little lift, God places Mary in my presence and I find that much needed courage. Isaiah 41:6 Everyone helped his neighbor; and said to his brother, "Be of good courage!" Thank you, Mary, for making my life more meaningful.

No comments: