Monday, October 5, 2009

Batteries

LaVern is back in Iowa working on the farm. I think he is going to put in some new plumbing and maybe get our shower in place............inside the house! Anyway, he arrived late yesterday evening and so therefore did not have the solar panel (our temporary one) out. He commented that he was glad we had some little battery flashlights there. I was thinking about batteries then for the rest of the afternoon.
We expend energy every day, work, people needing attention, household chores. Everything piles up like the fall leaves. Right now I can't escape to the quiet of the farm but I can sure find that peace and comfort in the presence of God. It's like recharging my spiritual batteries. I'm going to retreat from the world for a few moments of meditation and prayer. Charge up those ole batteries and keep shining!
Take peace.

No comments: