Monday, June 28, 2010

Takin a break

A pleasant 63 degrees this morning and since dad is still asleep I have opened a door to let some fresh air in. After living with central air the past 14 years I was concerned about not having it when we went off grid. Now I wonder how I lived with it! There are French doors right by the computer desk so one is open and I am listening to the glorious birds and breathing in the air. I know, plugged sinus but they can't get any worse then they are right now. Ugh. I plan to stay the rest of the week so I may have to either look for a netti pot or in the least a baby nasal thingy.
Baked cookies and brownies yesterday afternoon so that I could put them in the freezer for the folks. I'm going to defrost the freezer yet this week. Nothing like doing things backwards! Fill the freezer then empty to clean. duh
Today I am going to a friend's house and we are going to make woolie Christmas trees. Still going to make another Oberlin run but the coffee house is closed today!

quote from a movie: "My darling girl, when are you going to understand that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage."

No comments: