Monday, July 26, 2010

Hiking

My brother and I left this AM at 5:00 and drove about half way between Loveland and Estes Park. We first went on a mile trail to an overlook. Came back down and decided to take the Summit Trail. It was a 4.75 mile hike but I only made it half way. I couldn't believe how the altitude affected me this time. Too long living on the flatlands! This was a moderate to difficult trail and a steady climb but we enjoyed it. It would probably take 6-8 hours round trip so will have to plan that for another visit. Beginning your day with a hike like this is excillerating and refreshing at the same time. But even a walk down the road, out in the country near Diagonal, Iowa would be just as good!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I agree! Ending your day with a hike through God's creation is just as wonderful! Envying your hike in the Colorado mountains though... ;)