Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Rainwater collection

I just read an article recently where in Colorado two new laws were recently passed that exempt certain small-scale rain water collection systems. Yes, up until then it was illegal to collect rainwater in the state of Colorado. People were doing it but hid it from view. Utah and Washington state still have restrictions. Big government claiming ownership over that water. Some days I just have to shake my head. I don't think they would mind our collecting the rain water in our area this year. The ground is really satuated right now. I see a few rain water collection systems on the Amish farms. The women love the rainwater for washing their clothes.
Heading back to Nebraska today. Will probably spend a day at the folks and then drive back to Iowa on Thursday. So no more daily blogs. :-(

No comments: