Monday, June 20, 2011

Thunderstorms and granddaughters

I have 3 granddaughters here now for a week and the two youngest do not like thunderstorms and last night we had storms! Started in about 9 pm and they finally just got through about 4 AM this morning. Hard rain, hail and lots of wind. Not sure on the rain amount but we are in a flash flood warning now. It came down hard off and on all night. If the sun does come out today it will sure be humid.
At 4 AM this morning the 8 year old came in to our bedroom (we actually slept upstairs last night and let the 15 year old have our bed downstairs) stating she could not sleep. That's okay, climb in with us. I got up and came down knowing I wouldn't get back to sleep. Got in the recliner and rested the body but my mind was going in all directions! Too much thinking! 45 minutes later here she came.
Grandma.........I can't sleep
Grandma.........Are you going to do chores now?
Grandma.........What's that noise?
Grandma.........I have an itch on my leg.
Grandma.........Why is the rooster crowing?
Grandma.........Do the Amish have toast in the morning?
Grandma.........Why do you have a cuckoo clock?
Grandma.........Do you have the little rubber bands for your hair?
Grandma..........That rooster is sure crowing alot, he is annoying.
Grandma.........What size quilts do the Amish have?
Grandma.........It's cold.
Grandma..........Are we going swimming today?
Grandma.........I have the yawns.
and on and on and on..........
It is now 6:30 AM.......................we still haven't gone back to sleep..................the annoying rooster is still crowing...............my day begins

1 comment:

Melinda said...

What an amazing grandma! Wouldn't be surprised if you butchered that rooster today - but maybe you need a nap first! :)