Saturday, June 18, 2011

crowing



I've decided that the size of a rooster must have something to do with the size of his voice and Hugene is a BIG rooster. This guy has a set of lungs on him and he loves to crow. I wonder if that has anything to do with the reason HE was the one that my Amish neighbor chose to give to me?! hmmmm Instead of a horse trader I was dealin with a rooster trader and didn't know it. Hugene crows whenever he feels like it: morning, noon, evening and parts of the day that don't have names! I guess we associate a rooster crowing just in the morning because we've been asleep, enjoying quiet, and then wake up and notice the rooster crowing. I don't know if Hugene just has a lot to say in the morning, is staking out his territory to the birds, clearing his throat or what but he can sure crow. I read somewhere that a lady gave her rooster some peanut butter on a spoon and he didn't crow for a while. I'm gonna have to buy stock in Jiffy. I wonder if peanut butter comes in 50 gallon drums.

No comments: