Monday, October 31, 2011

Barn owl



Common barn owl. Nocturnal. I think the barn owl describes my current sleeping habits. I can hardly stay awake until 9 pm and then am wide awake and get up at 3 AM. I am thinking ahead to this next weekend when the time changes. I will be up at 2 AM...with the owls! I have always been a "morning" person but this is pretty extreme. This is something I go through every year so no big surprise. I was hoping I would outgrow it. I don't take daytime naps. Actually I have never been able to take a nap during the day and not for lack of trying. I have to do "quiet" things when I am up at this hour so as not to wake LaVern and the dogs. Great time to catch up on reading, hand sewing, meditating, surfin the web, writing letters, manicure, look up new recipes, plan my day, dream, pray for others, laugh at myself for being up so early, listen to the owls. Wow, I didn't realize I was getting so much done by getting up early. Maybe it isn't so bad after all. (yawn)

No comments: