Thursday, March 1, 2012

In like a lion or a lamb?




Today is March 1st. What is the weather like in your area? Here we are going to definitely have a "lamb" kind of day. The wind has stopped blowing 50 mph and the sun is shining. According to weather folklore if today is a lamb kind of day then we will go out with a "lion" day. You have to admit that weather folklore is, if nothing else, humorous and colorful. But, I will be the first to admit that sometimes it is very accurate! The other day we had a sundog. I must ask my Amish neighbor what that means for weather.....as it rains in March so it rains in May.....March winds and April showers.................a dry March and a wet May? Fill your barns with corn and hay. Ahhh, I love weather folklore. My friend John, in western Kansas, has a rock hanging on a string outdoors and it sounds like it is a pretty good weather indicator. I wonder if that rocks has anything to say about the lion. Peace and joy wherever you are and hope you are having a lamb kind of day.

1 comment:

johnnyb said...

The wind finally died yesterday afternoon. I thought it was never going to end. I haven't checked for today. We could get a little snow or rain tonite and tomorrow.