Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Synchronicity

Synchronicity is the experience of two or more events that are apparently causally unrelated or unlikely to occur together by chance, yet are experienced as occurring together in a meaningful manner. The concept of synchronicity was first described in this terminology by Carl Gustav Jung, a Swiss psychologist, in the 1920s

The concept does not question, or compete with, the notion of causality. Instead it maintains that, just as events may be grouped by cause, they may also be grouped by meaning. A grouping of events by meaning need not have an explanation in terms of cause and effect.
Such an event happened yesterday when I received my Tasha Tudor newsletter in the mail and promptly read it front to back.  Then spent a little time on the web reading through my numerous blog lists.  I follow a wonderful fiber artist in Oregon.  I love her rug hooking and she shares her knowledge on a blog.  Anyway, yesterday she posted a blog about the day she met Tasha Tudor!.  I had no idea she too followed Tasha for years and was inspired by her.  She posted some wonderful pictures and you can see them at:  http://www.primitivespirit.wordpress.com/   I love those little "coincidences" or as another friend calls them, "God winks". 


No comments: