Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Desserts


My will power most likely will be tested this week. Desserts will abound at both my mother's and mother-in-law's. We are going to mom's tomorrow so that I can begin the big Thanksgiving feast preparation, including those darn desserts. Blueberry pie, cherry pie, pumpkin pie and a pumpkin torte. LaVern favors the torte so it's a must. The snack table is ready and we could feast on just that! But I am determined to lose a couple pounds during this time period so goodbye desserts. I think I am over the "hump" as far as food is concerned. I don't think it will be an issue this year. Besides, I bought this wonderful new "used" dress that I can hardly wait to try on. Just need to get a few more pounds off. Why is it we gorge ourselves during the two upcoming holidays? I'm going for a long walk after dinner this year! How about you?

No comments: