Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Vegetables

While at the Sustainable living fair LaVern and I had the most delicious taco and I can't wait to try it at home. It was from a vendor so they had the big flat iron grill thing. It was small chunks of sweet potato, black beans with sauted onion and green peppers. I'm guessing all sauted with olive oil. Then served on corn burrito shells that had been lightly warmed on the grill. Topped with a red cabbage slaw that I think only had a lime juice with cilantro sauce. Very good and ALL VEGETABLES. My mother would be proud. I am looking for a good.....but SIMPLE....vegetarian cookbook. Something that a beginner would use but with recipes with "common" ingredients so if you know of any......send the names to me! Great appreciation in advance.

No comments: