Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanks & Giving

Two things I hope to do this Thanksgiving holiday, be thankful for all I am blessed with and give to others. Thanksgiving brings to my awareness the one thing that can relieve stress and bring greater happiness and contentment: gratitude.
Even in our tough economic times when people are losing jobs, savings, faith, there is still so much to be thankful for. That's what you focus on, the things that really matter in life. Major things---my health, loved ones, friends. And then the subtle but still important things, chai tea, internet, hooked rugs, primitive cupboards, a 12 year old car still running. So I encourage each and every one of you to be thankful this holiday for those many blessings, big and small and then give to someone else all the joy and peace.
Take joy.
Take peace.

No comments: