Monday, July 25, 2011

Door screen, sermons and 6 year olds


Some of you will remember the Art Linkletter show about kids saying the darndest things. (I think some adults would qualify). Fifty years later and kids are still saying the darndest things. We attend a nondenominational church with an interim pastor. Now I am laughing as I write this as I overheard a long time member telling a new family that we are a cowboy" church. hmmm Is that nondenominational? (Adults say the darndest things). I had to look up the definition of interim; a temporary pause in a line of succession or event. Pastor Ron has been there for about 2 years I believe. (Interim) We love him and wish the term interim wasn't in the equation although what does temporary mean. He is passionate about the Lord and so are his sermons. Yesterday during the sermon my 6 year old (he will tell you that he is 6 3/4) grandson leaned over and whispered to me: "Grandma, does this happen every time?" I had to bite my tongue from laughing outloud. Kids say the darndest things. This morning Gavin was up early and ate his cereal. They are allowed to put alittle of the leftover milk in the cat's bowl out on the deck. We have one of those white cheap storm doors and of course, on day two the screen was pushed out of it. I told LaVern just to leave it until the kids are gone or he would be fixing it daily! Anyway, I had heard Gavin go out on the deck but then pretty soon I heard: "Grandma, screen delivery". ha ha ha ha He was handing his spoon and cereal bowl through the screen from outside. Kids say the darndest things.

No comments: