Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Simple acts of kindness

It doesn't have to be this big act of self-sacrifice. A little thoughtful act will do. Imagine my surprise when out of nowhere came an email from a wonderful gal in New York. She had googled "take joy in the day" and somewhere my blogspot popped up. She sent me an email thanking me for some "delightful reading". Something besides the daily drudgery in the news. I believe that simple acts of kindness will make the world a better place to live. Imagine if you then passed on that simple act to two other people and they did the same. Get the picture? It warmed my heart immensely when she said she had called her mother and shared some of my blog with her. Paying it forward. Do one act of kindness today. Send a card, make a phone call, reach out by email. Honor others with simple kindness today. It will warm your heart, too! So, thank you Lynn from New York. Find joy in each day and peace will follow. Blessings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so encouraging! One of my mentors always said to be positive and real when writing on line because you never know who might read it and need those words! Now I need to go write 2 people and encourage them!